Monday, January 19, 2009

Faith: Your will be done...

Very powerful words...

Yesterday, my pastor, Chad, preached on the Lord's prayer. You can listen to the sermon by clicking here... I recommend the entire series as it has been superb so far. But I wanted to blog about was something he said about the way we often pray. Alot of the time, we pray "Lord, if it be your will, blah blah blah..." and we mean it in order to give God an out - as though we aren't sure that God can or will accomplish His Will. As I reflected on Chad's observation I felt very conflicted, particularly in regards to evangelism.

I know that it is God's will to save the lost, but how often do I pray consistantly and continually for my unsaved friends and family with sincere faith that God will work in their hearts and illumin their minds? How often do I point them towards Jesus Christ through what I say and do, or by what I don't say or do? What is my deal? Where is the mental block? If God is for me as Romans 8:31 says that He is, then why don't I share more freely and pray more consistantly?

Ultimately, I pray that I am overcome with the desire to share the life changing and life saving news of my gracious God's goodness towards all mankind.

No comments: