Wednesday, January 16, 2008

quotes

“One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek Him in His temple.” -Psalms 27: 4

“The spiritual life cannot be made suburban. It is always frontier, and we who live in it must accept and even rejoice that it remains untamed.” -Howard Macey

“I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.” -Thomas Jefferson

“How would telling people to be nice to one another get a man crucified? What government would execute Mister Rogers or Captain Kangaroo? -Philip Yancey

“You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” -Plato

“The only true gift is a portion of yourself.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the former. –Einstein

“To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.” -Anatole

“History is written by those who have hanged heroes.” -Braveheart

“Blessed is the man Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the path of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His Law he meditates day and night.” Psalms 1: 1-3

No comments: