Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A heart after God

I have been thinking lately about King David... probably because I am reading through Chronicles. Itis really encouraging to read and study David's life. He was passionate about alot of stuff, but everything paled in comparison to his passion for the glory of God. Here are a few verses which are a window into David's heart...

Acts 13:22
And when he had removed him (saul), he raised up David to be their king, of whom he testified and said, 'I have found in David the son of Jesse a man after my heart, who will do all my will.'

Psalm 51:10
Create in me a clean heart, O God,and renew a right spirit within me.

Psalm 119:105
Thy word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

Psalm 103

1Bless the LORD, O my soul,
and all that is within me,
bless his holy name!
2 Bless the LORD, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits,
3 who forgives all your iniquity,
who heals all your diseases,
4 who redeems your life from the pit,
who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,
5 who satisfies you with good
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

I don't really know that the three of these passages really go together, but I know that they encourage me in different ways. I also love the fact that David speaks truth to himself. He literally tells himself, "Bless the Lord O my soul."

No comments: