Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A few rambling thoughts

I have had the quote below in my list, but never could remember where I got it from. I have no idea who "coined the phrase", though I knew it came from the Bible, but last Sunday I discovered where the concept came from specifically.

He who has been forgiven much, loves much. Luke 7:36-50

CJ Mahaney's book Humility forces quite a bit of introspection, which is both good and humbling in light of the cross (which is what he encourages us to always meditate upon and keep in front of us). The quote above and passage of scripture from whence the quote comes, have really struck at the core feeling I am left with when contemplating the reality of my life in the light of the cross. God is good.

One thing God has spoken, Two things have I heard: That you, O God, are strong, And that you, O Lord, are loving. Psalms 62: 11-12

May God's goodness, grace, and blessing rest upon you this day.

No comments: